Cosmigo: Pro Motion
There are tools in life that I can do without, and tools I wonder how I ever lived without. Cosmigo’s excellent Pro Motion most definitely falls into the latter category. A spiritual sucessor to the oft remembered with fondness Deluxe Paint, I can think of no better a tool for all your spriting needs.
Which, really, explains why I’m incredibly grateful to Jan over at Cosmigo for sponsoring the competition with a number of copies of the latest release of Pro Motion up for grabs to our winners. v5 was one of the best few squids I’ve ever spent and one of (if not the) most used application on my humble computer. Yes, I likeses it that much.
Version 6 of Pro Motion see’s a massive amount of additions made from the already wonderful Pro Motion 5 (seriously, it’d take us a week to list the amount of features Pro Motion had before V6), which we’ve detailed below for your edification:
- Support for alpha transparency
- Redesign of zoom and preview windows for better handling including zoom below 1:1
- Unlimited undo/redo concerning bitmap or palette changes
- The extended palette editor with realtime copy, paste, move, insert available as plugin for V5 is now a built in feature.
- Improved layer engine to create layered animations and images
- Advanced tile map editor with realtime tile library optimization
- Masking based on colors (stencil) or based on a mask map (like in Photoshop & Co)
- New paint modes like
- Multi shade – shades colors based on gradients
- Formula – define your own formulas to be used as paint mode
- Erase – to quickly erase when using simple or alpha transparency
- Selection – to use any drawing tool to modify the drawing mask
- Halftone – to increase color depth by using dither patterns
- Ordered dithering as option for every paint mode
- Automatic emergency backups
- Advanced drawing grid engine to define grid layers. Any type of grid shape can be created ike octagon, isometric, hexagon.
- Full screen mode
- Advanced print function
- Floating settings windows for tools
- Load/save keyboard shortcuts (Photoshop style shortcut definition file avaliable)
- Improved anti aliasing
- Projects can be stored in a single compressed file