Archive for the ‘1’ Category
The competition is closed, the downloads are up and ready to go. What are you waiting for?
If the answer to that question is yes, then you’ll be glad to know that at some point over the next 24 hours you’ll be receiving an email with instructions on how to get your game over to us. If you haven’t registered yet but are planning on entering the competition, fear not as we’ll be running through the new registrations every couple of days and firing off the upload details until the close of registration.
Just a reminder that registration closes on the 2nd December and the competition itself closes on the 13th.
I know we’re running a bit late and it’s my own idiot fault for losing some files I needed, for which you have my sincere apologies.
To make sure you’re prepared, here’s a handy checklist of stuff you’ll need to make sure is in place:
1. You’ll need to make sure you have at least 4 hi-res screenshots of the game. 1 of them must be the title screen. We need these at a minimum of 640×480 remember, folks.
2. Have you included the appropriate splash screen at the start of the game? If not, now is perhaps the time to think about it as it’d be silly to get disqualified for not including it. Don’t forget, retro hardware dev folks have a text file they can sling in.
3. Have you put together your instructions file for the judges? Don’t worry if you want to include information the public won’t get to see as the public will never see the file. Why? Because…
4. Once you’ve got your screenshots and your text file for the judges together, bung them in a folder ready to be zipped up that doesn’t include the game. You’ll be uploading this separately for us to use. We do have a nice filename convention we want you to follow so that we can sort stuff out easily, info will be contained in the email you recieve.
5. Don’t panic yet. We’ll be sending out a couple of emails at a time over the next 24 hours so as not to get blacklisted as dirty evil spammers. If you’ve registered but haven’t received an email by the end of Wednesday night (GMT) then panic on Thursday by all means. It’d be easier if you just dropped into our forum though.
All check? Looking forward to seeing what you’ve all come up with 🙂